Saturday 29 July 2017

B is for Boy.....Baby and Blue!

Hello Peeps!



It's time for all things babies at Crafting with Dragonflies. Remember, for this challenge you need to make a card only! Talking of babies:


This little guy from Flinders Island was recently orphaned and is now in the care of Flinders Island's one and only "Wombat Lady" Kate Mooney.

Thanks to Sean Scott Photography for photographing this gorgeous little fella and Kate Mooney for being such a special lady. For the past two decades wombats injured on the roads of Visit Flinders Island Tasmania have been sent to Kate's 40-hectare farm for some rest and rehabilitation. Kate has only had one six-week period in that time without one in her care.

www.instagram.com/inthesea2017 
www.instagram.com/visitflindersisland



Just the other day I was told by friends of mine that they were expecting another baby into their family. The news was first greeted by me with gales of laughter before congratulations - why, you may ask. This family already have had four children and now have two surviving late teen boys and a young girl entering her pre-teen time. They are not a young couple but they obviously thought they were beyond their breeding ages and had taken some risks. This little fellow will be welcomed with love and open arms. He will have five parents and be totally in charge of all five! It is great news but the disruption to their lives will be immense and the plans for early retirement are now on hold!

I came home and immediately made a card for them - not to be delivered until December! They don't read my blog so that is OK! I saw a vintage style card (but different .....much neater and symmetric) card on Pinterest and drew inspiration from it to create this!


There is collage, layering, inking, embossing (no stamping!!!) and texture paste work involved


Bling and stickers.....


Empheria and hearts.......


It just evolved - there are seven hearts - one for each member of their family and they are all different and all just evolved as I worked. 


Such lovely news and I just hope that all goes well between now and then!!

Remember, a card and the theme this fortnight at 


is Baby Cards! 
You should go and see the work of the other DT members - so good!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great card. I have been a little lazy with my challenge entries this year maybe I will find some time to enter this one.
I can understand your laughter. As they say, play with fire and you get burnt! I think I can get away with that being a mum to 4! I can imagine what another one would do to the dynamics of our family.