Monday 20 March 2017

Toowhit, Toowhoo!

It is midway through the current challenge at Unstampabelles, which is to Use Punctuation somewhere in your entry piece. Before I show you my latest bit of inspiration, here is a lovely photo of my home state to drool over.


Another superb dawn at Freycinet National Park this morning... What a privilege to be out there and watch it unfold.. Tassie always turns it on!! 

Thanks to Ian Rolfe for an amazing capture and beautiful words

www.instagram.com/iancrolfe 
www.ianrolfelightscapes.com

I have walked those beaches and across the Hazards - often accompanied by myriad kids on a school camp. I have sailed around them too back in the day. It is truly a beautiful spot. 

On to my latest piece: I made a tag

I have a lot of chipboard and it is carefully put away and rarely see's the light of day. I decided it was time to raid the stash! One problem with it of course if that it soaks up paint so it took me several goes to get this own painted - I originally intended him to be green!


I used TH Distress Paints to get the final coverage. 
The foliage is a mixture of stencils and ink, ribbons shaped like leaves and diecuts.


The background is texture paste and stencils with paints


My word - WHOO!

I added a Scrapmat HB bit and inked it green to match


I added some ribbons to the tag and was going to add some glitter but decided against it.


A fun tag to add to a birthday present. 

You can go to Unstampabelles and see what else the team have created - be amazed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab tag. You always do a great job mixing stencils and dies and other bits and bobs.
Love the pics of Tassie here and on the Unstampabelles page. Tourism Tasmania should have you on the payroll.

Shylaashree said...

love your photography always susan. this tag is beautiful and inspired to use diecuts effectively.
shylaa
Adhiraacreations