Saturday 11 March 2017

I need to get me a Calendar!

Except I have a lot of them and just don't use them! 
I am late (again) in getting my post for Crafting with Dragonflies up and running. At least I did make my card - last week in fact!

It is a new challenge: #67 Under the Sea

Well, we are surrounded by the sea here, and rivers too abound. This river runs right past my house and up into the hinterland of the island. The area this photo is taken in is called New Norfolk.

There is no name of the photographer but here is the blog site I got it from:
http://hobartandbeyond.com.au/news-posts/river-life-five-things-around-scenic-new-norfolk/


If you went under the water there you would probably find lots of fishes and plant life.....and this river flows out to the Southern Ocean

I started to create my underwater scene by smearing around some Dylusions Paint......


.....and then spritzing it with lots of water.......
then adding some texture paste........


.....then I inked the paste with TH inks.....


...and stamped an underwater scene onto the remaining card with my Momento Black ink - however I didn't get a clear black sharp look - I have since purchased a Ranger Archival ink which I think will improve matters. Still, it does gives me a watery look....


I stamped out the big fish and then coloured him in and positioned him on some dimensionals 


Mounted on some purple card and then some white ink and pen added in places - I hope it does the trick!

Best fishes to you all and please go over to 
ans see the other work by the Design Team and then enter the fortnightly challenge!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have created a gorgeous background.
Love the pic too - really must be a great part of the world