Monday 13 February 2017

Valentines Day Gift Box for challenge#65:Anything Goes at Unstampabelles

I don't normally do Valentines Day but this little box is just so darn cute!
It is for Challenge #65: Anything Goes at Unstampabelles

Before I show you the box I have news:

Yesterday Hubby and I went to the bi-annual Australian Wooden Boat Show

Here are a couple of snaps from my phone taken on the day.....



Nothing like a piano in a dingy........


That is only part of it - it was spread out over a vast area of the docks. 
Despite the threatening clouds it was a great day - warm, slightly windy and there were crowds of people everywhere.

Got home exhausted and discovered my Uni results were in!
That made me very happy!

I got an HD for A Photo Essay (12.5 pts) - final result
and I got another HD for my Third Project - Collage - in the Creativity and Aging course
Still have an essay to be marked from this one but its looking good for at least a pass and I have had an HD for everything else so far in this course. It is another 12.5 pts one.

To say I am chuffed is understating it - I have not done any study for over 10 years and I am so please to be able to gain these results in my 'advanced years'!!  Also it is involving my creativity and creative pieces and to get such good marks for that is very affirming. With all that was going on at the same time as trying to get this work done for Uni, I nearly chucked it in. So glad I didn't and persevered. 

Now, on with the box!

The SU die is here

I can get if for you if you wish - just contact me

Window Box Thinlits Dies sizes shared by Dawn Olchefske:

You die cut two of the big shape
I used Real Red in SU card...
and the hearts pattern for the sides (the middle one)


You have to remember to turn it upside down for the second box, so the hearts are facing the correct way - same with the candles......

Once it is cut out you burnish all the fold lines and tabs.

I found a good tutorial on YouTube to help me put it together


For my lid, I cut two hexagon shapes slightly smaller than the others
I die cut the very top white one with the Marianne die
and another of this die in black and replace the white cut out with the black one


I added a red heart
Under my white card is some pink sparkly card
(hard to see)


The lid fits so well and it just looks so cute. 


I put a small candle (not real) inside to show the pattern clearly when the candle was turned on and shed light

You don't  have to make a box for this challenge - you can create anything with paper as long as it does not have a stamp in it - rubber, plastic, wooden or digital

If you want to enter our challenge at Unstampabelles
you have until the end of the month to do so.

1 comment:

Wynn said...

Congratulations on your Uni results Susan. You have worked hard in the midst of all those family health problems.....well deserved end result xx. The wooden boats regatta looks like it was fun and a great day out. Love the box too by the way....clever crafter. Hugs Wynn xx