Friday 24 February 2017

Play Time at Time to Play

Last week I had a play with MegaFlakes and decided I needed to order myself some Flitter glue and all the stuff that goes with it to make it work as I could not get it to work properly at all using the glues I had.

This blog has a lot of photo's

I was looking at a piece of work by Tracy Evan in Craft Stamping where she had used TH paints and swiped paint onto card for a background using an old credit card. I wanted to have a go but decided to use my newly acquired Yupo paper - it is supposed to be used with alcohol inks.

I found it very strange to work with and the paints didn't dry and when I eventually wiped them off, they smeared; expensive as it is, I didn't want to waste it so I used it as a background anyway. I had die cut a Poppystamps Squibble Square from silver card and had left it sitting on top of the Yupo card for a night - I had been playing with an idea of using it on the background. When I returned the next time it had left an impression on the card (you can see it under Cupid) - cool!


Cupid was die cut from silver card as well and I wanted to use the MegoFlakes on him so smooched glue all over him and tried to press the flakes into the glue -messy, messy, messy......
When I cleaned up this is what I had achieved - very spotty.


I added the heart and gave up on that one.


When playing with the inks earlier I had stuff left over on the craft mat so swiped a second piece of Yupo through that before I found out that it doesn't work with TH Paints.


My grey- silver card left behind was again too good to throw away


In the meantime my Flitter Glue kit arrived and so I had another go with a big old background stamp from SU called Lace. I put the glue on the stamp and then laid it on the paper quickly and peeled it off before it stuck. Lots of flakes and mess again, and rubbed off with the special scrubber thingy and while there was no actual lace pattern there was a great background. I added the scribble die an a butterfly die plus some silver cord and some stickers.


The SU glitter card make a great butterfly background and I mounted the whole on a similar blue card and then onto a green card blank.


I was trying to pick up the colours in the background.


Here is my attempt next to the one by Tracy Evens - cannot say it was simple!


Can you see another pattern on the bottom right side of the card? 
This was floating on my desk since Christmas and I tried to replicate the experiment by placing it on the card overnight and I did get a negative image. Yupo is obviously photo paper of some kind.


Remember Chaos Theory and Butterfly Wings........
that's my card!

I will enter this in the following challenges:
Southern Girls - Nature!
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Outlaw's Twisted Thursday's Anything Goes


I was a winner her for my butterfly card!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW you have been busy and messy. The little cupid looks like its been aged. More gorgeous butterflies too.