Monday 5 September 2016

Shadow Box for new Challenge

Unstampabelles has a new challenge for September - #61Changing Seasons, with a TWIST of being masculine. Before I get into that............

...........I thought I would tell you what I have been up to lately. Believe it or not, I went to Paperific last weekend. Oh, you knew. Did someone tell you? I told you! Well - fancy that! Yes, I did go for the Friday, and had a great time and got some lovely things to add to my stash.  However, before I went to the Craft Show I went to another show -  Matilda! What a fabulous show it was too.  I can highly recommend it if it comes near you.

The set before the show......

After the Craft Show I went to the National Gallery in Melbourne, to the Degas exhibition. My feet almost fell off at the end of my trip with all the walking around I did, but I did enjoy it all. 


My Stash additions!
If you can see the pastes and paints in there, I used some of them for my current project


Unstampbelles always provides a Random Number prize


Now, I decided to make a shadow box with my image inside rather than a card or journal page.

I don't know about you but in my part of the world we get four seasons in a day, particularly in the Spring and Autumn periods, and so this piece represents the fact that at a change of season, there is often more than one present in a day!


My TH man has gold paint smeared on his shoulder etc to show that the sun is shining, despite the fact that the is using his umbrella to protect him from the rain falling.


The rain, the bricks and the gold and bronze and other pastes and paints used on this surface were mostly new purchases and the surface of the image started with me testing each container to see what they looked like. I used the metallic bronze paste to create a brick wall over the test pieces, as well as smearing around lots of TH Distress inks as well. 


I also dabbed lots onto black and white card to create the illusion of spring/autum leaves, and die cut leaves from these 'test' pieces. 


I used an alphabet stencil sheet to create the wording - change of season, carefully masking off each letter and sponging black ink onto the 'canvas'.


I then made a shadow box frame (after watching lots of videos) and added the image to it. 


I quite like my artistic efforts. 


The top piece was layered onto some black card as well.



So, my play with the theme and the twist, and I hope it inspires you to create something amazing and enter it to our new challenge this month. 

scroll down to the Linky there to enter. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great 3D creation. Didn't realise Tassie had 4 seasons in one too. The frames are rather addictive aren't they.