Monday 14 December 2015

Winner's Post for Unstampabelles and Challenge#53



This month the challenge at Unstampabelles  is to:

Sparkle - and make us smile!


You can create something all sparkly for Christmas, not necessarily a card 

At this time of the year we can all end up with glitter all over us and the creative space with little effort 
so go for it!

The twist is to make us (the readers) smile!
This can be with your project or with your post about that project!

Prize:
A $20 Aust. Gift Voucher to an on-line shop of choice
(must be able to issue gift vouchers)

Firstly, I want to share this with you

Photo by Greg Faull

These painted gums are on the hill just across the water from our house.
They look just like a painting, don't they.
Beautiful.

I have just partly cleaned up my craft space - well, most of it: not the standing desk or the table or my work desk - they are still covered with important stuff! And I haven't put the Christmas stuff away just yet either, but the rest is clean!

In particular the sparkle is back in it's container - except the stuff I did spill on the standing desk! It goes everywhere with you, have you  noticed that? I find myself cleaning my teeth at the end of the day and glancing at the mirror to see glitter shining back at me from my cheeks, or hair or on my nose! I decided to put my white glitter into a takeaway container with a lid rather than leave it in the bottle - so of course when I did that I spilled it everywhere! My work space has a slightly gritty feeling now.

I have finally made over my quota of Christmas cards, and even made Christmas tags ready to wrap the presents........but I admit that my tags used old Christmas cards recycled and I also made several cards  (or should I say remade/repurposed/recycled) from those same old Christmas cards that were too lovely to throw away from last year and/or previous years. I have decided to showcase these for week two for the December challenge so you can see what a total Scrooge I am!

Now, you would think that someone with a huge (and I really mean HUGE) stash of Christmas goodies would not be tempted to reuse the cards we had been sent, but I just cannot help myself! I used the images and remade the card blank, and mounts and in each case added a die-cut word. These three cards are all smaller cards than the norm. 


This one is gold, and so I put it on a red mount, a gold glitter mount, a white mount and a then used a gold card.
Yes, it sparkles!


This one has holographic gold glittery paper behind the image and my die-cut is also from the same paper - it glitters and sparkles and looks good. 


This is the one where the glitter got spilled!
Gold card for the die-cut and gold background

I pressed the whole image into some Heat and old glue, and sprinkled the glitter all over it and reheated it - it was while spooning the glitter on that I knocked the spoon handle and flipped the glitter up in the air so it hung there for a moment looking pretty before covering every surface it could! I had to reheat the glue to get it to set before I could begin to clean up so I walked it to the heat gun and back as well! At that point I gave up with glitter and sparkle fora while.


Please go over to Unstampabelles and see the rest of the fabulous inspiration there 

Then show us your own version of SPARKLE!

3 comments:

Wynn said...

Your post made me smile Susan. Glitter everywhere that,s me too!!! Great recycling of Christmas cards. Sometimes they are just too beautiful to throw away. Wynn x

Anonymous said...

When I first started card making these were the only types of cards I made. That is ones upcycling from the previous years cards! Now I tend to send the card fronts to the kinder for the kids to repurpose. Maybe next year I wont! Great upcycling. Maybe I should get those Christmas dies it would make the job so quick.

Monica said...

So beautiful is that picture, just like a postcard and the cards are pretty too.
At last I realized that I need to be a follower to know what is happening at one of my fave challenges. I did not know that I was not following the blog.

I will soon join you.

Warmly,

Monica