Tuesday 10 November 2015

Knee deep in Christmas things.........

....making Christmas cards at the moment......



You know when you purchase a magazine and there is as 'free' gift with it - well, this set of cards came from one of those and it had 6 cards with a printed background already, and some foil sheets, along with a great embossing folder - yep, all in the one set. So I made up the six cards this afternoon. Even if I sold them for $3 a card I would pay for the magazine, and still have the folder to use again as well as some extra foil.


 Here are the six cards completed - some follow the magazine suggestions and some don't


Some were the same  because I wanted to see how the foil worked with the folder - nice and crisp outlines and I was able to cut off the sentiment and reattach where I wanted it to go.


Luxury ribbon from a gift!


This one required the foil to be cut up and glued to card and then attached - good idea that woked quite well so that's added to the memory banks!


This one had a white circle in the middle so I cut that out and put some foil behind it - simple!


The first one - just followed the magazine and added some bling


Stamped and embossed in green SU powder into the white space printed on the card, added a strip of washi tape and a Hilde pointsettia that I had coloured recently and fussy cut out. I made two of these nearly the same - Hilde flower coloured slightly differently. 

Then I cut the front off one card, die cut the centre from the circle and made my first shaker card, using an image from LOTV that I stamped and coloured with Copics ages ago. 


I must say once I remembered to put the acetate on  FIRST before laying the dimensional blocks around the edge of the circle things went swimmingly and I enjoyed making it. 


This last card would suit the current challenge over at 

I will enter this one in the following challenges:
Christmas Card challenge: Anything Goes
Penny Black and More: Christmas - my image is hand stamped and coloured









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. You have had a very busy afternoon. Like the foil and the embossing folder.

brenda said...

A super collection of seasonal cards Susan, the traditional colours are very pleasing on the eye.

Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge, the ones with bows would also fit in very nicely at Stamping Sensations.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous, love the creations Susan and gorgeous colours used.
 { aNNie}

Linby said...

What a great selection of cards. I really like the embossing and how you used it, I am going to have to CASE that idea it looks so effective.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT