Saturday 21 November 2015

Crafting with Dragonflies has a new challenge

Hello all - we are once again challenging your Christmas card making skills over at Crafting with Dragonflies:  by asking you to add a ribbon to your card!


I don't know about you but I have a LOT of stamps and dies for Christmas ( I really mean a LOT) and papers too - I seem to accumulate them year after year, and then I cannot decide what to make or how to make anything from them. This year I was determined to use my dies at least once on a card - to justify their purchase more than any other reason!

This card is a result of that - I loved this die when I first saw it and was determined to use it this Christmas - it makes such a great silhouette effect. 


A Stampin' Up embossed sentiment in gold EP, on a Whisper White card with some Poppy Parade ink smeared around - I then attempted to draw a line around the oval and have discovered that my hands are not letting me have the fine motor control I used to have!


That is half the reason that I used the sparkling snowflake dies - to distract from the wobberly line
They were die cut from a Sizzix die

The mount is one of the last pieces of Poppy Parade (such a pity that colour is no longer available) I had - used because the ribbon I had originally chosen to use was that colour - it was also too wide for the card and had to be swapped out for this one; still red with gold trim but more narrow and the red is a bit darker.


The background paper is also from SU's Holiday catalogue


Tried several ways to get the gold to show properly


Finally, holding it in the sunshine did the trick!

Hope you like it

Why not enter your own version of Christmas card with ribbon over at

where my other DT teamies have made some lovely things and they are also on display



No comments: