Monday 26 October 2015

The Art of Possibility

The Art of Possibility.....

What can I possibly make for the current challenge at Unstampabelles?


Well, this is a sunset I photographed with my phone late last year - so pretty


You could use a photograph of a sunset or sunrise as the focal point of your entry
for the challenge over at UNSTAMPABELLES #51 as the theme is


The Sun! 
It can be rising or setting!! 

The twist is Gold! Gold! Gold!

You can win this prize!



I thought about using that photo to make a project but then I thought nah..........I want to play with my paints!

So, I am sharing today a project I made using my new Dylusional Paints - and yes, I worked in red, yellow, orange and black.  In fact this was the reason I ended up with pieces of card covered with these colours and from which I made several other cards and a tag - I have already posted these.......


I started by just smooching around some yellow on the edge of a sheet of white card. Then I added some orange to the middle bit. I found a stencil of flames and added this over the top using the red paint, to create the illusion of fire or heat. I really liked the outcome. 

I got another stencil - sun rays - and created the rays using Viva Inka-Gold, a fast drying metal paint. Still have not got the knack of making a clean stencil image, but it was a bit better. Obviously I dried of each layer - heat gun, yes couldn't wait. It was starting to look really good.


The next was to add the words to the whole, using black ink - TH Sooty Black
Now, can you spot the error I made while I was turning the sheet around and around 
to position the phrase properly?


Then I looked at it and didn't really know where to go next until I remembered I had several dies for hot air balloons..........so die cut them in black card



Added my balloons and then smooched some black paint this time around the edge of the image and layered it to a white card

I actually love it - error and all

So, a mixed media production
Loved getting my hands all painty and inky........

I will enter this in the following challenge(s):

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Susan your hot air balloons floating off in the sunset is just gorgeous. And wow your sunset photo is amazing, cant believe you took it with your phone.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW you certainly have created another magical card with the Inka Gold...i must get my hands on some
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Anonymous said...

I think I have said before you live in a beautiful part of the world. Spectacular sun set pic.
Your card is fabulous - I didn't notice the error until I went looking for it!