Monday 27 July 2015

Roll up, roll up......

 ......for Unstampabelles Challenge#48: Bunch of Flowers, for July! remember, the twist is to make a garden!


Who else has dies for roll up flowers and doesn't use them often? 
I see so many beautiful roses out there made by clever hands, and think - "I can do that"!
Then discover they are not as easy as it looks!


I made this rolled up daisy with scrap sparkly red card - it is very loose and the centre was a big gaping hole so I filled it with glue and yellow seed beads.  I think it needed to be a bit tighter!


The smaller pink roses were better but the sparkly card was too thick to roll easily, and again I ended up adding seed beads to the centre - but it was tighter and better looking I thought than the first one.


Then this one was three die cuts (plus a leaf or two) and the instructions were on the back (who knew) so I tried to follow them, and think they were OK but I needed to have cut all three dies and perhaps sprayed them with water to soften them??? I got glue everywhere as well!


I had a beautiful scrap piece of DS card from SU, with flowers on it growing in a garden, so I used the top bit to add my flowers, and some extra leaves as well.  
The sentiment is die cut also - a TH die was used for this. 


Then hubby asked how it was posted? I can see what he means.......


So I made a quick box for it but have not decorated it yet!

So, another card - yes I now, boring, but I am getting old you know!

Why not go over to Unstampabelles, and see what else is there, and there is still time to get something made and into the challenge before the end on Friday!

It finishes on the 31st at midnight AEST

See you there!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.
And yes I have one or two I find a little tricky to use so don't use often :)