Friday 1 May 2015

May Day, May Day........

I feel like a white rabbit - very late for my DT project for Eclectic Ellapu -Purple Team!

We were given this image to draw inspiration from:


There is an amazing amount of things going on it here - you can use any element, any colour or the colour scheme, the idea, whatever floats your imaginary boat!


I wanted to attempt a canvas so had a go at one purchased from K Mart - 20 cm x 20 cm


I used Distress inks, texture paste and stencils, stamps with various different inks with differing qualities, including stamping and stencilling with Gelato's, sprays, Copics and Distress paints - my desk and floor is currently a mess!


I added some die cuts and stickers and a wooded bird, and some gold texture paste


I am not that happy with it


My asian (Japanese) stamps are limited, and it took me a while to work out how to make a good image, and what ink works best in this setup ie my bridge is in Momento - good coverage but not dark enough. My crane and sages were TH Distress Sotty Black, but not good coverage as I didn't employ a block of wood stolen borrowed from hubby to make a solid backing! I employed a Copic pen to black them up and the black is too dark perhaps!


Guess where the texture paste was used?!!

If you have an idea, and want to play, go to 


and add to the linky!
I will enter the following challenges:

Crafty Catz color challenge: I have used all the colours
Stamps and Stencils: Anything goes
Inspiration Destination: anything goes
Southern Girls Challenge: use word(s) I used one





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure what you aren't happy with. It looks great to me - isn't that the way you intended it to look? The inks are all part of the learning curve. Did you use the paste on the gate? Great job.

Chris said...

You're much too self critical...this is fabulous, lovely inking, stamping colours and stamps...great composition too! Thanks for sharing your art with the Southern Girls.
(I thought the texture paste was used on the gate too)
Chris
x

Meighan Wheller said...

Fabulous canvas project. Love the colours! Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenge. Meighan DT

NickScrapShack said...

I love this project! I think you did a great job with it! I love the different inks in the background and the stamps are perfect.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Catz this week!
Good luck
Nick